Villa Details, Rates and T&C's
Our villa is available for exclusive use only. This make us a slice of paradise saved just for you after a day of adventure and exploration, and we work hard to make you feel safe, welcome and at home.
Max 8 people from a single booking.
Read on for our Health and Safety credentials and our Reservations and Cancellation procedures (shown further down this page and also here )
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Kalukanda House has also been audited against Internationally-accepted accommodation safety standards set by Sanderson Phillips and has been coded "Green" and passed fit for sale. The assessment included sections on fire safety, fuel safety, food hygiene & water safety, swimming pool safety and general maintenance/safety planning. We also have received the Sanderson Phillips accreditation for Covid Compliance. You can find us here https://www.sandersonphillips.co.uk/clients/
Cradled in an enclave by the coast of Weligama, with an auspicious Bodhi Tree above, it’s the kind of spot with a special feeling and an uplifting energy. Some people have mused that it’s a wonder they haven’t built a temple here.
Just 2.5 hours from Colombo by car, you can be whisked to us easily along a speedy new highway.
WHAT LUXURY MEANS TO US
We thought about all the things we wanted covering luxury in the conventional sense, and we made sure we had these covered. Ontop of that an emotional design approach was taken when thinking about how we want to experience Sri Lanka through the villa. We designed for human connections and 360 degree sensory experiences, so that you can immerse yourself in our little corner of the world and safely lose yourself in all of it.
4 double bedrooms all with en-suite shower rooms come with handmade 4-poster beds created by local craftsmen as standard. The rooms are designed for deep, dreamful sleep and have handcarved shutters that open out to our jungle garden, teaming with beautiful wildlife. Waking to the sound of the dawn chorus or watching the monkeys swing through the trees from the upper floor balconies connect you to nature in a very spiritual way.
Expect hot power showers and comfortable mattresses with the fluffiest pillows, clad in great linens. Air conditioning is in every room for extra hot days but many guests love the cooling breeze on their skin wafted from the ceiling fans instead.
Fluffy towels and organic toiletries are in the rooms for your use during for your stay.
Entering the house you will be greeted by the grand high ceilings enclosing a spectacular space, beautifully styled with hand selected antiques and 1.8m specially commissioned chandeliers that enhance the dramatic sense of scale in the villa.
You can expect reliable, fast Wifi, international plug sockets and ceiling fans in these spaces too. Gorgeous Jasmin scented sticks burn gently and waft through the high space transporting you back in time. We have made sure that every one of your senses comes alive when you stay with us.
We have trained our staff to offer you the best possible service, without any airs but with an attention to detail that gives you a sense of familiarity and being at home. Beer is served in chilled glasses, rooms are discretely cleaned and beds made daily and we can organise special occasion celebrations at the villa or at beautiful locations within easy walking or tuk tuk distance.
Wildlife regularly comes through the gardens and is a wonder to watch, we have been lucky enough to see Eagles, Kingfisher visit the pool every day and even watching the huge trees sway in the breeze is mesmerising . Our yoga shala is the perfect spot to work through sun salutations and stretches, or grab a comfortable seat and read during the day. As the day draws to a close, candle lit gin and tonics, colourful chats and snacks are usually held here while the sun sets and chef whips up the evening meal.
It is possible to join yoga classes and any other events being held in our extended adjacent gardens, please enquire on booking.
The pool is a hit with everybody of all ages – whether you want to practice your dives, swim at night or just cool your toes. Lying on your back, looking above you will see palm trees, blue skies and shy, curious monkeys. Poolside beds are a favourite spot to snooze beneath the umbrellas or read your holiday fiction. Dreamily watching pretty dragonflies occasionally whir past can become an activity in itself.
Pool is 15m x 5m, it is long and deep. Children need to be supervised at all times by adults, our pool is open to the gardens and house and because we are a private location, there is no life guard on duty.
A gentle walk to our local beach brings lovely sights and smiling people.
Our local Turtle Beach is less than 100m away down a sleepy village lane and a seasonal beach bar draws in a few surfers and paddle boarders from nearby villas and boutique hotels. There is nothing more relaxing than watching the sunset from this spot, and hearing the ebbing and flowing of the ocean waves as the light turns golden and the sun drops off the horizon.
You may well see one or two of our villagers fishing, and an early morning walk to the cove will reward you with the sight of fishermen coming in with their catch of the day. Stop and watch what they unload and then head down to the beach for a morning walk before breakfast.
We have lots of places that you can saunter to from our gates for a change of scene from fresh tuna salad and a cold Lion Beer, to a soft shelled crab curry served with ice cold wine.
A week with us will fly by...
The villa team of 4 permanent staff and a night watchman will look after you full time and you can enjoy discrete but attentive service. You can discuss meals with the manager so that your schedule and daily plans are accomodated as much as possible.
Nothing is too much trouble and transport, excursions and bookings can be made for you by your hosts or the villa team.
Find out more about your hosts on the About Us page below.
We can design your holiday for you, and we work closely with knowledgable travel partners who share our passion to show oyu the best of Sri Lanka. From rainforest trekking, to safari, whale watching to lace making, cookery classes and more....Every guest is different and so we talk to you about you and your fellow travellers about what you want to see, eat and do when we take your booking. Every detail is covered and we are on hand during your stay too, just incase you want us to organise some extra trips and experiences for you.
Contact us here to find out more.
8 people including breakfast, welcome meal and massage for all adults $950 per night
Excludes Christmas period 16.12.23 - 7.1.24 $1,490 per night
Minimum booking 5 nights
All F&B charged at cost plus transport
All meals prepared by chef
Reservations and cancellations procedure 2023
- Bookings are made through direct enquiry with Kalukanda House owners or via one of our trusted, accredited travel partners only. This is earmarked with a refundable £100 deposit made to Kalukanda House. Dates are confirmed and blocked off in the diary with a 50% deposit, the balance is due 60 days before check in.
- Check-in details are taken 48 hours prior to arrival.
- All guests must travel to Kalukanda House with necessary visa and insurances including Covid cover.
- All SLTDA and government requirements in place at the time of stay must be met by guests while staying at Kalukanda House. Management reserves the right to refuse guests entry if health guidelines are not adhered to.
- Guests must advise us immediately if unwell within 14 days of arrival at Kalukanda house.
- Guests must advise us if they have been travelling in a high risk Covid19 country within 14 days of arrival at Kalukanda House.
- If guests are unable to travel on their due date because of a national travel ban policy in Sri Lanka or in their home country due to Covid19, we would provide a refund or re-book for 18 months with a price promise if they prefer. *
- If guests or a member of their booking party are disinclined to travel due to health or other reasons they must approach their insurers in the first instance. We respectfully ask guests to take precautions and responsibility for their health prior to their holiday and provide a doctors certificate to verify non-travel *
- Cancellations for any other reasons are subject to our standard terms and conditions and would not be possible without loss of 50% deposit. If the dates can be re-sold, the deposit will be passed back minus USD 250 admin fee *
- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email
- A no-show results in loss of deposits.
* Our boutique villa is a very special place taken on sole occupancy. We intentionally sell only a set fixed number of weeks a year and our guests are discerning travellers who find us through word of mouth. Every guest at Kalukanda House is looked after by the team as well as the owners. It is very difficult to re-sell dates with short notice but we will aim to be flexible regarding a holiday impacted by un-foreseen circumstances. We kindly ask our valued guests to work with us to keep everybody safe, while also considering why our cancellation policy exists for situations outside of health and safety situations.