Reservations and cancellation policy 2021
- Bookings are made through direct enquiry with Kalukanda House owners or via one of our trusted, accredited travel partners only. This is earmarked with a refundable £100 deposit made to Kalukanda House. Dates are confirmed and blocked off in the diary with a 50% deposit, the balance is payable 60 days before check in.
- Check-in details are taken 48 hours prior to departure and our online heath declaration form must be completed and returned by guests 24 hours prior to arrival.
- All guests must travel to Kalukanda House with necessary visa, insurances and PCR tests paid for and communicated to Kalukanda House or the booking agent prior to flight boarding. Online health declarations sent by the booking teams must be completed 48 hours before arrival and transfers from the airport to Kalukanda House must be via a certified safe and secure driver.
- All SLTDA and government requirements in place at the time of stay must be met by guests while staying at Kalukanda House. Management reserves the right to refuse guests entry if health guidelines are not adhered to.
- Guests must advise us immediately if unwell within 14 days of arrival at Kalukanda house.
- Guests must advise us if they have been travelling in a high risk Covid19 country within 14 days of arrival at Kalukanda House.
- If guests are unable to travel on their due date because of a national travel ban policy in Sri Lanka or in their home country due to Covid19, we would provide a refund or re-book for 18 months with a price promise if they prefer. *
- If guests or a member of their booking party are disinclined to travel due to Covid19 reasons they must approach their insurers in the first instance. In the event that insurance does not cover the specific circumstance we would offer the option to re-book up to 18 months or provide a 90% refund minus $100 admin fee. We respectfully ask guests to take precautions and responsibility for their health prior to their holiday and provide a doctors certificate to verify non-travel due to Covid19. *
- Cancellations for any other reasons are subject to our standard terms and conditions If the dates can be re-sold, the deposit will be passed back minus a USD 150 admin fee *
- Standard terms : bookings are secured with a 50% deposit, balance is payable 60 days prior to travel. Cancellation over 6 months before arrival - deposit repayable by Kalukanda House minus $100 admin fee. Cancellation less than 6 months - 50% deposit is retained by Kalukanda House. A no-show results in loss of full payment.
- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email.
* Our boutique villa is a very special place taken on sole occupancy. We intentionally sell only a set fixed number of weeks a year and our guests are discerning travellers who find us through word of mouth. Every guest at Kalukanda House is looked after by the team as well as the owners. It is very difficult to re-sell dates with short notice but we will be fully flexible regarding a holiday impacted by Covid19. We kindly ask our valued guests to work with us to keep everybody safe, while also considering why our cancellation policy exists for situations outside of health and safety situations. Global Travel Insurance are an established company who are recommended by one of our trusted travel partners.